Cultural Education in Schools in Salzburg
Study on the implementation, challenges and needs of cultural education in schools in the federal state of Salzburg
How is cultural education currently implemented in schools in Salzburg? How are the political and social conditions shaped? What are the main strengths? Which challenges arise?
Within the framework of the scientific study on cultural education in schools in Salzburg, the field shall be analysed in a structured way together with central actors. The results of the study should contribute to the strengthening and quality enhancement of the field.
The concrete object of the study is classified under the research field of cultural education, in terms of programmatic support and practical implementation. In particular, the state promotion campaign ” Kultvermittlung in Schulen” (KISCH) is taken into consideration. Within the framework of the study, a connection is drawn between the theory of cultural education, political governance and practice in schools.
The study design is based on an open, multi-method research approach of interpretative social research. A cyclical structure allows a continuous generation of knowledge and adaptation of the survey and analysis procedure. In addition, the research benefits from a co-creative collaboration with practice by inviting teachers and artists to actively contribute to data collection and analysis.
- A document analysis and survey of the state of research forms the basis for the empirical survey.
- A steering group consisting of central actors in the field of cultural education in schools will accompany the implementation of the study and allow for the ongoing inclusion of expert opinions.
- An online survey is aimed at all schools in Salzburg.
- Interviews will be conducted with responsible persons at the level of the province of Salzburg and the Department of Education.
- A focus analysis will be conducted at two schools. Based on different qualitative survey methods (interviews, observations), joint surveys with teachers, artists and students will be conducted.
Picture: Picture of the project “Kulturvermittlung in Schulen” provided by the Federal State of Salzburg /Department for the Promotion of the Arts and Cultural Industries